I’ve always been fascinated by Japan and its culture, ever since I was a nerdy little kid playing video games and watching anime. I finally got to visit Japan for the first time in 2013. To sum that trip up succinctly and poetically: “Dreams really do come true.”
I only got to stay a total of three weeks that time, but I had vowed to return someday and stay longer.
Well, that dream came true in 2015 when I spent more than four months in Japan, mainly in Tokyo, in my first year of nomading. I lived there with the perspective of how to make the most out of enjoying and seeing Japan through my anime-inspired googley eyes, and doing my best to live like a local while working.
I’m happy to share what I know (and will continue to learn) about all the cool, the weird, and the WTF with you.
Staying Fit and Healthy in Japan:
- Beginner’s Guide to Eating Healthy in Japan
- Finding Protein Sources in Japan
- Guide to Gyms and Working Out in Japan
- Where to Find Whey Protein in Japan
- Work Out Anywhere With This Strength Bodyweight Program
Living Like a Local:
- Where the F*ck to Stay in Tokyo
- How to Get Wireless Internet Anywhere in Japan
- Guide to Tsukemen: The Better Noodles
- How to Buy Sumo Wrestling Tickets in Japan
- Video Guide to Conveyor Belt Sushi in Japan
- Everything You Need to Know About Japan’s Penis Festival
- Hiking Mt. Takao (Video)
- Grocery Shopping in the Japanese version of Wal-Mart (Video)